These cupcakes are so yummy and delicious. It is hard to believe they are only 3 Points+ each! Even my hubby loves these, and he is not trying to lose weight. 😀
I didn’t take step by step photos because I was in a hurry today. I will get more photos the next time I make these, but the recipe is provided for you below! (This started as a Hungry Girl recipe that I tweaked a bit – FYI!)
- ¾ cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fat free Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 box spice cake mix (Duncan Hines Signature Moist)
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin
- ⅔ cup fat free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until smooth.
- Add cool whip and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the icing until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put foil baking cups in your muffin pans (or spray with nonstick spray).
- In a large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients and mix until mostly smooth.
- Evenly distribute batter among the cups of the muffin pan. Fill each one about ½ to ⅔ of the way full to start. BATTER WILL BE VERY THICK.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 16-18 minutes.
- Let cool completely, about 10 minutes in the pan and 25 minutes out of the pan.
- Spread cupcakes with icing.
The batter is so thick that I had to use two spoons - 1 to scoop and 1 to scrape into the muffin tin. The next time I make them I will probably add ½ cup water to make them a bit thinner. The flavor is AMAZING....I just want to make it easier to fill the muffin tins!