Initially I saw a similar recipe in a magazine, and then my friend and I perfected it (or so we’d like to think). I can’t remember what magazine to give credit to because I just snapped a pic of it with my phone! See the full recipe below.
- ¼ cup Italian style Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 6 oz chicken breast (raw), cut into 6 chunks
- 2 Tbsp fat free egg substitute
- ¼ cup canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the panko bread crumbs and the Parmesan together in a bowl or a plastic bag.
- Mix the chicken and the egg substitute together in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the panko mixture and place the nuggets on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Dip in pasta sauce.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Microwave until hot, about 30 seconds.
Points+ value was calculated without the crushed tomatoes and seasonings, since these items are 0 points+. Full nutrition stats include vegetables and seasonings.