I took my mom’s meatloaf recipe and modified it slightly for jumbo muffin tins. Having the separate portions makes it so much easier for me. Obviously, I have built in portion control, but it also makes it easier to freeze and thaw only what you want! This way you don’t have to thaw an entire meatloaf for one serving! I could swear I had a picture of these, but I can’t find it now. 🙁 I promise to update with pictures next time! See the recipe below.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- ½ cup ketchup (for meatloaf)
- ¼ cup fat free egg substitute
- 16 crushed saltine crackers (1 fresh stack)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ½ Tbsp Garlic & Herb seasoning
- ½ Tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 6 Tbsp ketchup (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the jumbo muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the ground beef. Mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix well, using your hands to ensure the mixture is blended.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly among 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Top with 1 Tbsp ketchup per muffin and bake an additional five minutes.
Points+ value was calculated without the celery and seasonings, since these items are 0 points+. Full nutrition stats include vegetables and seasonings.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:
To Freeze, allow meatloaf to mostly cool.
Put meatloaf cupcakes on a plate or baking sheet and freeze for a couple hours. This will make the ketchup thicken, although it never totally freezes.
Place each meatloaf into it's own plastic bag (or wrap in saran wrap).
Put all servings into a large, labeled freezer bag.