I was inspired to create this from a recipe I saw on the Weight Watchers site. I started with their ideas and tweaked it some to make it my own. FYI, although this is a “Mexican” meatloaf, it is not spicy. It just has a more Mexican flavor to it from the enchilada sauce (instead of ketchup). Enjoy!
- 1 lb extra lean Ground Beef (96/4)
- ½ cup Mild Enchilada Sauce (for meatloaf)
- 5 Tbsp fat-free egg substitute
- 56g Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 4 oz can chopped Green Chiles
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Ground Cumin
- 6 Tbsp Mild Enchilada Sauce (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the enchilada sauce.
- Add ½ cup enchilada sauce and mix well, using your hands to ensure the mixture is blended.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly among 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce (1 Tbsp per muffin) and bake an additional 5 minutes.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:
To Freeze, allow meatloaf to mostly cool.
Put meatloaf cupcakes on a plate or baking sheet and freeze for a couple hours.
Place each meatloaf into it's own plastic bag (or wrap in saran wrap).
Put all servings into a large, labeled freezer bag.