Click the photo to jump straight to the recipe. The inspiration for this recipe was a white chili recipe that was supposed to be super easy. It didn’t turn out like I thought, so this new recipe was born!! It’s kinda nice when a flop of one idea leads you to a whole new idea!
The only thing that needed cooked for this recipe is chicken, but I already had some Mexican Shredded Chicken in my freezer! Since I was making this soup to eat for lunch, I didn’t think there was any point in heating it up just to put it back in the fridge for the next day. I tried several containers before it hit me that my large mason jars would work perfectly!!
I used the quart size (32oz) wide mouth jars. If you can’t find them locally, Amazon has a huge selection. Click here to see the jars that I am using. All you have to do is measure a few ingredients into each jar, and you’re done!!
This is a really big serving. It barely fit in my bowl. You could definitely split it into 8 smaller servings if you wanted soup and something else. I did eat just the soup and found it completely satisfying and filling. And I enjoy having a huge bowl of something but staying in my points+ budget!!
- 6 cups 99% fat free chicken broth
- 4 servings Mexican Shredded Chicken, thawed
- 1 can (15.5 oz) great northern beans
- 1 jar (15.5 oz) salsa verde (medium)
- 2 cups corn
- Open 4 quart size (32 oz) mason jars.
- Add 1½ cups of chicken broth to each jar.
- Add 1 serving of Mexican shredded chicken to each jar.
- Drain and rinse the can of great northern beans.
Divide them into 4 servings and add one serving of beans to each jar.
- Divide the salsa verde evenly across the four jars (about 6 Tbsp per jar).
- Add ½ cup corn to each jar.
- Close each jar and shake it to mix the ingredients.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
Heat in microwave for 3 minutes just before eating.
If you choose to make this into 8 small servings instead of 4 large servings, it would be 4 Points+ rather than 3.